ARPTON™ is an electronic musical instrument emulated in software. It
turns a PC keyboard into a MIDI input device and provides you with a way
to play live music without use of a conventional music keyboard.
You no longer need to purchase expensive synthesizers without trying to play ARPTON first. You can use
your computer keyboard as your musical instrument.
You can play alone, play with any MIDI or Karaoke-MIDI accompanement, and sing into a microphone
at the same time.
This may be useful when you first get started, or if you are on the
move with ARPTON™ installed on a laptop and would like to play music without dragging
a keyboard around.
The program will be almost instantly comfortable in use for even the
the following components:
||ARPTON™ provides you a way to play music using PC keyboard.
It will satisfy many hobbyists for whom playing music is fun.
||ARPTON™ includes a Java Sound synthesizer and can use sounds of any other synthesizers (hardware or software) available on your computer.
You can select a synthesizer of your choice that satisfies your music taste.
||ARPTON™ includes the full-featured professional grade arpeggiator,
which allows you to color your performance in a wide variety of ways. Your
imagination is the only limit.
Arpeggiator can be used as a powerful tool for creating amazing arpeggios and loops for your compositions and arrangements.
||ARPTON™ automatically records the last arpeggio variation and saves it to a standard
MIDI file that can be played back or used later in your compositions.
||ARPTON™ includes a MIDI Player that plays MIDI (.mid) and MIDI-Karaoke (.kar) files.
The MIDI Player always uses the Java Sound soundbank (deluxe recommended) to produce the most natural sounds.
You can listen to MIDI compositions and play ARPTON keyboard at the same time, using any of the available synthesizers.
You can adjust the tempo and set the volume balance between the MIDI Player and your performance.
||ARPTON™ can extract and display text and lyrics from MIDI and MIDI-Karaoke files (if they contain such information)
in a text area of the MIDI Player's panel.
You can connect the microphone to your soundcard and:
All at the same time.
- Listen to the music from the MIDI file,
- Play the keyboard,
- Sing the song using lyrics on the screen.
|How does it work?
ARPTON™ turns a PC keyboard into a MIDI input device and provides you with a way to play live music without use of a conventional music keyboard.
on the PC keyboard sends a signal to ARPTON™, which translates it into a MIDI
message and sends this message to the selected synthesizer and MIDI Out port of your computer.
ARPTON™ can generate
sounds using any synthesizer (hardware or software) residing inside your
computer, and uses your sound card to output the sound it produces.
You can decide whether send the output from the soundcard to headphones or to a pair of speakers.
can use ARPTON™?
has a suitable PC computer. The program will be almost instantly comfortable
in use for even the complete beginner.
For Starters: Allows kids and adults to play live music on a computer without buying a separate electronic musical instrument.
For professionals: Capable of creating amazing arpeggios and loops that can be included in music compositions. It can be used to generate melodic sequences in real time with endless variations.
If you purchase your Licence and receive the Activation Key you will be automatically registered
and become eligible for free minor updates and a significant discount for major updates and new versions.
Make sure that you give us a valid email address so we can contact you if necessary.
NOTE: We will contact you using email address of the person who purchased a License.
If you have changed your email address, please inform us.
- You can install a Trial Version of ARPTON™ on any number of computers.
- You can redistribute and copy the software without restrictions.
- Each new installation is a fully functional Trial Version. The Trial period starts with a first launch of the software.
- Reinstall on the same computer over existing copy does not affect the Trial period.
- Trial Version can be converted into the Full unlimited version with an Activation Key.
- Every installed Trial version has its unique Installation ID and requires a matching unique Activation Key.
- The Activation Key is calculated for each installation, and can activate only the installation for which it has been requested. You cannot use the same Activation Key to activate any other installations.
- If you install ARPTON on more than one computer, you need to purchase additional Licenses to activate each installation.
- You can buy a license (in a form of an Activation Key) and activate the software during the Trial period, or later.
- You are eligible for a significant discount if you buy your License during the Trial period.
Learning to use ARPTON™
ARPTON™ provides an extensive on-screen information that covers all aspects of using its features.
On-screen HelpDesk contains two Tutorials 'Help' and 'How To' that use an approach 'Read and Try'.
Just open a Tutorial, read it step-by-step, and try to practice for every step.
- Tutorial 'Help' gives you the detailed description of all controls and their functions.
- Tutorial 'How To' explains what you should do to achieve the desired results.
You will be amazed how easy and quick is to learn this incredible instrument, which can
Read and Try and Enjoy!
- discover your hidden talents,
- provide countless hours of entertainment, and
- delight every member of your family.
We can be reached as follows:
Support and Inquiries:
answers for general questions use How To section of the HelpDesk.
If you are experiencing any difficulties, email us to Support.
Please provide the following information:
Please allow at least 2 to 3 business days for a response.
- Your name and email address.
- Installation ID for your software (from menu 'HelpDesk/About').
- Version (Trial/Full).
- Describe the problem you've experienced.
|What is on the CD (optional)?
If you have a CD version of ARPTON™, it includes the following components:
- ARPTON™: Full-featured MIDI Synthesizer, Arpeggiator, MIDI Player.
- Sun JRE: Java Runtime Environment.
- Sun Soundbank-deluxe.
- Documentation in html format.
Your system needs to satisfy the following requirements for you to be able to download, install, and run the program:
||* Intel Pentium Processor, 500 MHz or faster. Pentium III or higher recommended
for live performance mode.
||* Windows 98/Me/2000/XP.
|Java Runtime Environment (JRE) for Windows, version 1.4.1 or later.
||* ARPTON™ is written in JAVA programming language and requires a JRE to be installed on your computer.
* During installation ARPTON™ automatically detects a presence of the correct version of JRE, and downloads and installes it, if necessary.
|Java Sound Soundbank
||* Three versions of Java Sound Soundbank: minimal, medium and deluxe are available for free download at http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/sound/soundbanks.html.
* The minimal soundbank is included with ARPTON™, and will be installed automatically at the time of the first launch, if necessary.
* For the best results it is recommended to download and install the deluxe version. You can do it later.
||* 128MB or more
||* Less than 2 MB of free hard drive space is required to install ARPTON™.
* Additional drive space could be required to install JRE.
* Reserve additional space for the files that you will create.
||* 16-bit color or higher, 800 x 600 resolution, or higher. (1280 x 1024 is recommended).
||*Windows compatible sound card.
(Hi-Fi sound card with built-in hardware synthesizer is recommended for the best sound quality.)
|Standard Keyboard and Mouse
||* For downloads, making a payment, and requesting the Activation Key.
* Valid email address is necessary for receiving payment confirmation and Activation Key.
|Speakers or headphones
||* Hi-Fi speakers or headphones are recommended
||* Third party software to edit MIDI files.
* Notation software to convert MIDI files to sheet music.
* MIDI cable and external MIDI synthesizer.