ARPTON Synthesizer - Arpeggiator - Player
About the Author
- My name is Vitali Fominykh.
- When I was at school I dreamed of becoming a musician and learn how to play piano. Later, I started playing piano and clarinet and studied music composition at music college. After I became a musician I got a few awards and at that time became the youngest professional jazz bandleader in the former Soviet Union.
- I toured many cities with my band, made quite a few music scores for well known orchestras and jazz bands including the State TV Orchestra.
- Playing electric musical instruments has contributed to my growing interest in electronics, and I decided to study electronics and computers at KIROV POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE (Vyatka University), and became an Electrical Engineer, specializing in Automation and Telemetry.
- After graduation, I received an offer to work in the University Department of Scientific Research. I worked on many government contracts, developed microprocessor-based control systems for Soviet space and defense programs.
- Completed post graduate studies at Leningrad Mechanical Engineering Institute. Major: Microprosessor-based in-flight guidance system.
- One of my research fields was Digital Signal Processing and Synthesis. I established and lead an R&D laboratory that utilized the knowledge of the staff to develop civilian applications like music synthesizers, sound modules and midi interfaces for PC. That work was done under contract with the Soviet State Academy of Science. That work was covered in articles published by central Soviet press.
- Along with doing the R&D work I taught students at the University. I taught computer science, electronics, microprocessors, and programming languages. I wrote books and articles, study guides and workbooks, took part in many symposiums and science conferences.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE (Courses developed and taught):
- Microprocessors and Microcomputers.
- Computer Aided Control.
- Integral Circuits and Microelectronics.
- Automatics and Telemetric Control.
- Electronic Devices for Automated Control (Implementing of Electronics in Automation).
- Theory of Electrical Circuits (Theoretical Fundamentals of Electricity and Electrical Engineering).
- Impulse Circuits.
- Computer Programming in Basic.
- Integrated circuits design, Gorkiy, Russia, 1982.
- Microprocessor systems for Automation and Telemetric Control, Gorkiy, Russia, 1988.
- MIDI Implementation, USSR Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia, 1988.
- Implementing Integrated Circuits for Automation Systems Design, Novosibirsk, Russia, 1989.
- I trained engineers from different companies and enterprises.
- In 1993 I came to the US and worked until 1999 in New York City as a systems analyst.
- Implemented office automation strategy and created a client-server and later Web-based Order Tracking System using Enterprise Java Beans and the JDBC. Developed the EJB components that contained core business logic. Wrote Java servlets and applets using the AWT and Swing components. The system was deployed on BEA WebLogic application server.
- Provided technical leadership to a team of 4 developers that created and maintained Order Tracking System that supported wholesale and retail operations of the company inside the US and abroad. The system utilized the client-server technology. The programming was done using Visual Basic. The primary data storage was Microsoft SQL Server. Designed and developed application GUI interface, wrote stored procedures, participated in creating logical and physical database models. Supervised the deployment process of the application to the remote sites.
- Created Visual Basic application for shipment tracking.
- From 1999 to 2004 I worked in New Jersey as a software developer.
- Designed and developed XML-based Web application for managing multiple Internet accounts. Translated business requirements into technical requirements, performed architectural design, wrote technical documentation, designed XML documents, and developed server-side components using J2EE technologies. Wrote reusable system components. Designed, coded and tested Enterprise Java Beans. Created number of Servlets and Java Server Pages providing dynamically generated user interface. The development was done using Java2, J2EE, BEA WebLogic Server, Apache, Tomcat and Oracle.
- Designed and developed Online Education Management System using JSP, Servlets, XML, XSL, HTML, Tomcat and Oracle.
- In 2004 I established my own company ARPTONSOFT to develop software products for the open market.
- Designed and developed ARPTON Synthesizer - Arpeggiator - Player using JavaSound package. Performed full cycle of product development including design, coding, testing, documenting, and custom packaging for distribution, installation, and trial management. Managed Web hosting, promotion, distribution using RegSoft and Share-It services for payment processing, automated license key generation and software activation. Developed and maintained the product website http://www.arpton.com with detailed documentation and supporting services for download, support, and purchase. The website contains information about all awards received by ARPTON.
- Developed and maintained e-commerce Websites http://www.FindGoodDeal.com and http://www.Remix-USA.com. Performed Search Engine optimization and Affiliate Programs management using Commission Junction and LinkShare affiliate networks.
- Combined BS and MS in Electrical Engineering
- Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform (310-025),
- Sun Certified Web Component Developer for J2EE Platform (310-080).
- Completed Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) courses for Windows NT 4.0.
- Training for NetWare v3.11
140 West Englewood Ave., #C1
Teaneck, NJ 07666